Tuesday 25 December 2012

Merry Christmas!

He HADN’T stopped Christmas from coming! IT CAME!
Somehow or other, it came just the same!
And the Grinch, with his grinch-feet ice-cold in the snow,
Stood puzzling and puzzling: “How could it be so?”
“It came without ribbons! It came without tags!”
“It came without packages, boxes or bags!”
And he puzzled three hours, till his puzzler was sore.
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn’t before!
“Maybe Christmas,” he thought, “doesn’t come from a store.”
“Maybe Christmas…perhaps…means a little bit more!”
And what happened then? Well…in Whoville they say,
That the Grinch’s small heart grew three sizes that day!

From How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr Seuss

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! I hope your day was Grinch free and full of fun. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Debora - I got the book and it is so beautiful and packed to the gills with inspiration. I adore it. My sister will be buying a copy too after reading mine all day yesterday and I am now sorted for a present for a few of my friends when their birthdays come round. Wonderful stuff, you should be very proud indeed. Hope you have had a wonderful Christmas. Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debs, It was lovely thank you - I hope yours was too.
    Kath, What a lovely message. It makes me so happy you like it, and that your sister likes it too. Like all books, it was a real team effort and I was lucky to work with a great team of people. We're having a lovely Christmas and I hope you are too. X

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now closed.
This site has migrated to http://www.deborarobertson.com

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...